‣ W6 welcomes Quentin Savage from the laboratories of Genessa Smith (#W6Alum) at the University of Tennessee, Martin.
‣ Check out our just accepted article in JACS, Total Synthesis of Caesalpinnone A and Caesalpinflavan B: Evolution of a Concise Strategy. Congratulations to Dr. Jacob Timmerman and first year student Noah Sims!
‣ Baylor Welcomed 206 undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral students to Waco for TexSyn IV. A great day of 8 plenary talks, 8 speed-talks from graduate students, and 87 poster presentations! An awesome display of synthetic chemistry ongoing in Texas.
‣ Congratulations to John being named among seven tenured "Outstanding Baylor Faculty for 2018-2019".
‣ Congratulations to Alexandra (first in her biochemistry class) Beard as she graduates from Baylor and moves on to do graduate studies in chemistry at Caltech!
‣ Congratulations to Lauren Markham as she graduates from Baylor and moves on to do graduate studies in chemistry at Dartmouth!
‣ W6 wishes good luck to Dr. Yu-Wen Huang as he departs to take a position on the faculty at the National Tsing Hua University in Taiwan. Congratulations on this fantastic position Yu-Wen!
‣ W6 wishes good luck to Dr. Jacob Timmerman as he departs to the process research department at Genentech. Congratulations on landing your dream job Jacob!
‣ Check out the article on our lab entitled "Good Chemistry" in the winter issue of the Baylor Magazine.
‣ W6 welcomes new first-year graduate students Amy Jackson, Noah Sims, and Lin Liu!
‣ Check out our recently accepted article in Tetrahedron, Synthetic studies towards the penicisulfurinols: synthesis of an advanced spirocyclic diketopiperazine intermediate. Congratulations to Kevin Gayler and Dr. Kyle Lambert!
‣ Check out our new article in JACS, Total Synthesis of Herquline B and C! Congratulations to Josh Cox and Dr. Aoi Kimishima!
‣ Congratulations to Dr. Mina Nahkla for successfully defending his thesis! We wish him the best as he starts a post-doctoral fellowship in the Kishi Lab at Harvard!
‣ Kyle Lambert is awarded the Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA postdoctoral fellowship from the NIH. Congrats Kyle!
‣ W6 bids farewell to Keita Komine! We wish him the best with his new assistant professor position at Nagasaki University in the Hatekeyama/Ishihara group!
‣ Mina Nakhla travels to Sendai, Japan to give a talk at Tohoku University chemistry summer school!
‣ Check out our new article in Tetrahedron, Synthetic studies toward longeracemine: The intramolecular [4+2] cycloaddition of 3H-pyrroles, congratulations to Josh Cox!
‣ Mina Nakhla travels to Bloomington, Indiana to give a talk at the graduate research symposium!
‣ Kyle Lambert travels to Easton, Massachusetts to present a poster at Stonehill College for the Organic Reactions and Processes Gordon conference!
‣ Check out our new article in Organic Letters, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Hippolachnin A Analogues, congratulations to Dr. Jacob Timmerman!
‣ Jacob Timmerman travels to Newport, Rhode Island to present a poster at Salve Regina University for the Heterocycles Gordon conference!
‣W6 bids farewell to Aoi Kimishima! We wish him the best with his new assistant professor position at the Kitasato Institute in the Sunazuka Group!
‣Check out our new article in ACIE, Total Synthesis of (+)-and(±)-Hosieine A , congratulations to Yu-Wen Huang and Ke Kong!
‣ W6 welcomes first year Ricky Jackson to the group!
‣ Check out our new article in Tetrahedron, Total synthesis of cyclopiamide A and speradine E, congratulations to Mina Nakhla, Kendall Weeks, and Mauricio Navarro Villalobos!
‣ Check out our new article in ACIE, Total Synthesis of (±)-Phomoidride D, congratulations to Joyce Leung, Aaron Bedermann, Jón Njardarson, David Spiegel, Graham Murphy, Naoto Hama, Barry Twenter, Ping Dong, Tatsuya Shirahata, Ivar McDonald, Munenori Inoue, Nobuaki Taniguchi, Travis McMahon, Christopher Schneider, Nancy Tao, and Brian Stoltz!
‣ Check out our new article in JACS, Total Synthesis of (±)-Aspergilline A , congratulations Mina!
‣ Congratulations to Dr. Heemal Dhanjee for successfully defending his thesis! Good luck with your postdoc in the Pentelute and Buchwald Groups!
‣ W6 bids farewell to Miyu Furuta! We wish her the best with her new assistant professor position in the Tokuyama group!
‣ W6 bids farewell to Murray Wan! good luck at your new job at Merck!
‣ Check out our feature in C&EN News "Tetrapetalones yield to total synthesis at last"
‣ Check out our new just accepted article in JACS, Total Syntheses of (+) and (-) - Tetrapetalones A and C! Congratulations to Jennifer Howell, Matthew Haley, Travis McMahon, Jonas Buergler, Heemal Dhanjee, Yutaka Kobayashi and Koichi Fujiwara! Go team tetrapetalone!
‣ W6 bids farewell to Post-Doctoral Scholar Joyce Leung! We wish her the best of luck at her new position at Boehringer Ingelheim
‣ W6 welcomes back Visiting Professor Dr. Mauricio Navarro Villalobos from Universidad Autónoma de Coahuila, Mexico
‣ W6 welcomes new Post-Doctoral Scholars Kyle Lambert from Professor William Bailey's laboratory at the University of Connecticut and Jacob Timmerman from Professor Ross Widenhoefer's laboratory at Duke University
‣ W6 bids farewell to Post-Doctoral Scholar Bryon Anderson! We wish him the best of luck at his new position at Alcami!
‣ W6 Welcomes Post-Doctoral JSPS Fellow Keita Komine from Professor Jun Ishihara's laboratory at Nagasaki University
‣ W6 welcomes new graduate students Murray Wan, Christopher Cook, and Lee Mains to the group!
‣ W6 welcomes Post-Doctoral Scholar Yu-Wen Huang from the Frontier Group at The University of Rochester!
‣ Congratulations to Dr. Monica McCallum on the successful defense of her thesis! We wish her the best of luck at her new position with Professor Emily Balskus at Harvard!
‣ Welcome to REU student Kendall Weeks from the Johnson Lab at UNC, Chapel Hill!
‣ W6 Welcomes Post-Doctoral JSPS Fellow Miyu Furuta from Professor Takeshi Sugai's laboratory at Keio University!
‣ Check out our latest on studies toward the citrinadins and our efforts toward the tetrapetalones!
‣ W6 bids farewell to Post-Doctoral Scholars Yasuhiro Shimamoto and Yutaka Kobayashi! Good luck on your future positions!
‣ Monica's collaborative total synthesis of hippolachnin A is now available on JACS!!! Many thanks to Prof. Kevin Brown and Christopher Rasik (Brown Lab, Indiana University)!!!
‣ W6 welcomes new first year graduate student Kevin Gayler!
‣ Check out our publication on "Chemoselective Intramolecular Carbonyl Ylide Formation through Electronically Differentiated Malonate Diesters"
‣ W6 Welcomes Post-Doctoral Scholar Dr. Bryon Anderson from the Livinghouse Group!
‣ Heemal Dhanjee travels to Germany to present a poster at the 16th Tetrahedron Symposium in Berlin
‣ Monica McCallum travels to New Hampshire to present a poster at the High Throughput Chemistry & Chemical Biology Gordon Research Conference at Colby-Sawyer College
‣ Former graduate student Dr. Travis McMahon starts at his new position at DuPont!
‣ Congratulations to Michael Tudesco on his new position as a process chemist at AbbVie, Chicago!
‣ W6 Welcomes Post-Doctoral scholar Dr. Koichi Fujiwara from the Doi Laboratory!
‣ Monica McCallum, Joyce Leung, and Heemal Dhanjee travel to ACS Denver to present posters!
‣ W6 welcomes first year graduate student Josh Cox to the group!
‣ W6 congratulates Dr. Aaron Bedermann on the successful defense of his thesis! We wish him the best of luck at his new position with Professor Timothy F. Jamison at MIT!
‣ Congratulations to Heemal Dhanjee on successfully passing his 3rd year proposal seminar!
‣ W6 welcomes first year graduate student Mina Nakhla to the group!
‣ Baylor's latest upgrades include: A Bruker 600 MHz CryoProbe NMR, a 300 MHz NMR, and, only 10 paces from the Wood Group doors, a 400 MHz NMR with automated sample changer!
‣ Congratulations to Michael Tudesco on his new position at Genentech!
‣ Aaron Bedermann and Monica McCallum travel to London to present posters at the 15th Tetrahedron Symposium!
‣ W6 Congratulates Heemal Dhanjee for passing his second year oral exams!
‣ W6 welcomes Post-Doctoral scholar Dr. Yasuhiro Shimamoto from the Murakami Lab
‣ Check out the latest on Synthetic studies towards the citrinadins!
‣ W6 welcomes Post-Doctoral scholar Dr. Joyce Leung from the Krische Group
‣ Happy Holidays from the Wood Group!
‣ Aaron Bedermann, Monica McCallum, and Heemal Dhanjee present posters at the Southwest Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society!
‣ W6 welcomes Post-Doctoral scholar Dr. Yutaka Kobayashi from Professor Toshiaki Sunazuka's group at Kitasato University, Japan!
‣ The Wood Group moves to Baylor University!
‣ Congratulations to Dr. Travis McMahon on his Post-Doctoral position in Professor Neil Garg's Group at UCLA!
‣ Congratulations to Dr. John Enquist on his new position at Gilead!
‣ The Wood Group packs it up at Colorado State University.
‣ W6 bids farewell to Dr. Jonas Bürgler! We wish him luck with his new position as a process chemist at Carbogen-Amcis!
‣ The Wood Group attends OMCOS 17 in Fort Collins, CO.
‣ Aaron Bedermann attends the American Chemical Society Graduate Research Symposium at the University of Delaware, Newark.
‣ Check out our publication of “An Enantioselective Total Synthesis and Stereochemical Revision of (+)-Citrinadin B” back-to-back with the Martin Group’s “Enantioselective Total Synthesis of (–)-Citrinadin A and Revision of Its Stereochemical Structure”.
‣ W6 congratulates Dr. Travis McMahon on the successful defense of his thesis!
‣ Travis McMahon presents a poster at the Gordon Research Conference on Heterocyclic Compounds in Newport, RI.
‣ Aaron Bedermann and Monica McCallum present posters at the National Organic Chemistry Symposium at the University of Washington.
‣ Congratulations Monica for receiving a NSF GRFP award!
‣ W6 welcomes new graduate students Heemal Dhanjee and Mike Tudesco to the group!
‣ Check out our report on our progress Toward the Synthesis of Phomoidride D!
‣ Congratulations to Dr. Taka Matsumaru! We wish him all the best in his new position as Assistant Professor at Hokkaido University in Japan!
‣ W6 bids farewell to Dr. Naoto Hama! We wish him luck with his new position as Assistant Professor at Tohoku University in Japan!
‣ Aaron Bedermann and Travis McMahon present posters at the 2nd Meyers Symposium at CSU. Monica McCallum presents a research talk.
‣ W6 bids farewell to visiting scholar Jun Yamamoto. We wish him luck in his future endeavors!
‣ Check out our publications in this week’s ASAPs!
‣ Travis McMahon presents a poster at the DOC Graduate Research Symposiumat UC Boulder. Nice work Travis!
‣ W6 welcomes visiting scholar Jun Yamamoto from the University of Tokushima, Japan.
‣ W6 congratulates Dr. Jennifer Howell on the successful defense of her thesis!
‣ W6 welcomes summer REU undergraduate researcher Zach to the group.
‣ W6 congratulates Dr. Genessa Smith on the successful defense of her thesis! We wish her the best of luck at her new post as an Assistant Professor at University of Tennessee, Martin.